Wednesday, January 2, 2008

South of the Border

Happy New Year! I'm headed for Baja with my good friends Luke and Jesse DeVoe and we're currently taking a brief pit-stop at the library in San Bernardino, CA. While I originally planned on bringing my laptop and camera in order to write a detailed blog of the trip's events, further consideration convinced me to leave my tech toys at home. We'll be spending the majority of the time camping on beaches in the Mexican wilderness and while wireless internet is becoming more and more ubiquitous, I doubt I'll be able to get online while lounging in white sands 60 miles from civilization. The many warnings and stories of robberies in Mexico also contributed to my decision to leave my precious toys behind. Stripped of my laptop and image capabilities, I'll be forced to write the very occasional update from internet cafes we may happen to come across. In any event, I'll write a full update of the trip upon my return.

The weather is turning warm and we'll soon be crossing the border. I hope to have stories of white sandy beaches, crazy roads and beautiful desolation when I'm next able to post....

3 comments:

musky ferret said...

I love this. I too travel everywhere I possibly can and sacrifice all for it. So cool. I wish I could handle the blogosphere. It's just too much exposure.

Anonymous said...

Really, by now I would have expected some comparative praise of Idaho's roads!

Anonymous said...

Oh Andrew, I just caught up on your blog while taking a brief break at work. It was delightful! We miss you much and can't wait until you decide to return (permanently) to the Falls!